UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)
@  Rattieroos : (26 April 2017 - 05:21 PM) Thanks Amy:)
@  Amy : (26 April 2017 - 07:54 AM) Aah sorry Lolly :( But it is good to know that he will be with his friends and loved and spoilt! I am not saying I agree with your mom, but ratnapping is always an alternative ;)
@  Amy : (26 April 2017 - 07:52 AM) Lots of good vibes Rattieroos :goodvibes:
@  Rattieroos : (26 April 2017 - 01:47 AM) Thanks Lolly *hugs* he still gets around dragging his behind behind him :P he's not ready to give up yet. Going so bald behind both ears.. bt i love kissing those baldy spots. He's a tough old man rat. Love him too much.. but when i see he can't get around or is battling even to eat then it'll have to be time. Not yet though.. he still has spunk :) thanks for the goodvibes *hugs*
@  lollyh : (25 April 2017 - 11:06 PM) oh no roos. i am sorry to hear about bass. :ratsad: .he really is a little fighter,you & him have been through so much.lots of goodvibes :goodvibes: :goodvibes: for him,maybe with being closer to you,things may get easier for you both. *hugs* *hugs* *hugs*
@  lollyh : (25 April 2017 - 11:02 PM) Hey amy. i sadly cant. :ratsad: .the previously owner has already arranged everything with the new cpt owner,apparently it is a really good home where the boys will be super spoilt & loved,so that is all i can ask for really for such sweet boys,love & spoiltness.i am gonna miss them all especially moo.last night he lays upside down in my arms giving me kisses.it was just to precious.my mom even said you should keep him & when i told her i cant,she said i should ratnap him. lol
@  Rattieroos : (25 April 2017 - 09:48 PM) So glad the forums up and running again. Thanks everyone for the condolences. I'm ok thanks Amy. Almost took Bass to be PTS yesterday because his HLD has got so bad and his front legs were slipping even though I adjusted the cage for him.. plus we've found 3 pea size lumps on him as well. He's one and a half and will be with me for one year in May. I cancelled the appointment as my regular vet is on leave and he's still eating with gusto.. just stepped up the nursing even more and fortunately I already moved them to my room a while ago, so it will be easier to keep an eye or ear out for him.
@  Amy : (25 April 2017 - 05:39 PM) I mean the other two!
@  Amy : (25 April 2017 - 05:34 PM) How are you doing Rattieroos?
@  Amy : (25 April 2017 - 05:34 PM) :ratsad: sorry Lolly. What if you keep him? The other three will have a happy time together...
@  DiscoMoose : (25 April 2017 - 01:56 PM) :bigeyerat:
@  lollyh : (24 April 2017 - 07:52 PM) Sigh..sometimes it just sucks,I am rat sitting 3 boy rats who are up for adoption & they have all found a home together already in cpt,which is fanstatic for them but I have fallen in love with the one black self called moo moo.i so wanna keep him..its gonna be such a hard goodbye. :ratsad:
@  Roonel : (24 April 2017 - 02:59 PM) Poor Fifi, sorry to hear!
@  DiscoMoose : (24 April 2017 - 12:31 PM) I'm really sorry about Fifi Nikki :(
@  DiscoMoose : (24 April 2017 - 12:31 PM) I'm glad the forums are back!
@  Caryn : (24 April 2017 - 09:40 AM) :yay: Forums are back!
@  Caryn : (19 April 2017 - 11:53 AM) Oh no, sorry to hear that Rattieroos :ratsad: *hugs*
@  lollyh : (19 April 2017 - 10:46 AM) my goodness not mr goodness. typos,darn it. :banghead: lol
@  Amy : (19 April 2017 - 06:45 AM) Oh no. I am so sorry Roos.
@  lollyh : (19 April 2017 - 01:30 AM) oh no roo roos.mr goodness.i am so sorry roosie. :bigeyecry: :bigeyecry:

Photo

Pics of Sable Siamese please

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Hey all, you may have pics of these somewhere but I would love to see different pics of Sable Siamese please. As you may or may not know, my Mischief was adopted before he could be sold to a pet store. He is my first sable Siamese, It took ages of looking at google pics etc to eventually see what type of rat he is and throughout his life his colours have kept changing. He's a Hooded Sable Siamese and apparently quite rare? Is that true?

Anyway I'd looove to see other peoples pics of their gorgeous Sables :pics:
My current Ratties: Dove, FiFi, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches and Plum (girls) Thunder, Nibbs, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Emo, Roo, Bangerang, Bass, Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo,Roxie and baby Bailey :cry: :ratangel:

RIP my doggy loves: Andy and Toffee, loved and missed forever :cry:

Mavdb

Mavdb

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2677 posts
  • I own 6 rats

Our Perci is the most gorgeous rat in the world, he's a sable siamese :thud:  He even made it to GQ  :ratgiggle:

GQ_zps7bfca54c.jpg

• EvaBlue, CindyR, Rattieroos and 1 other like this

Mom to Arthur, Snoopy and Roo. Watching over us: Asterix, Obelix, Poker, Blackjack, Hercules, Lancelot, Galahad, Percival, Merlin, Dennis and Charlie Brown.

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
He's gorgeous, those little paws... Is there a smiley for squeeeeeee
My current Ratties: Dove, FiFi, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches and Plum (girls) Thunder, Nibbs, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Emo, Roo, Bangerang, Bass, Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo,Roxie and baby Bailey :cry: :ratangel:

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Have you seen pics of Mischief? Is he a sable hooded Siamese? That's what I found out, but I don't know if my information is correct. Not that it matters that much, it's just out of curiosity. I LOOOOVE all my babies so much :yogie:

LuvRats

LuvRats

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • I own 0 rats

Here's a pic of my Timmy (Timothy Tittlemouse) who was sadly pts last Friday, RIP Timmy xxxx

DSC_1757_zps77e4023d.jpg

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts
  • I own 5 rats

Here is my sable girlie horlicks. :wub:  she sadly also passed away in January this year. :cry:  miss her dearly. she loved the camera.she would of made such beautiful babies with mavdb's perci & passed hercules.she also had sockies like perci has on her feeties. :loveyoueyes:

I have had & still have other siamese babies.like my bubbles,squeak,crumble & duke.

IMGP1641.jpg

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2043 posts
  • I own 7 rats

I really have a soft spot for Siamese / Sable ratties.  I still miss my Chip alot :cry: .

• EvaBlue likes this

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Gosh guys I'm so sorry this has reminded you of all your babies that have passed on and LuvRats, so recently :(

Thank you for posting your pics :ratangel:

michele

michele

Official Breeder

• Members (Advertising)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

Worldwide, Sable Siams are impossible to find because they're indigenous to SA, and we haven't exported any yet. But in SA, they're failry common as they're one of our local colours and have been bred into our imported lines to add the dumbo ears and harley coats.

• EvaBlue and Rattieroos like this

LuvRats

LuvRats

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • I own 0 rats

Gosh guys I'm so sorry this has reminded you of all your babies that have passed on and LuvRats, so recently :(

Thank you for posting your pics :ratangel:

It's fine Rattieroos, Timmy was very photogenic, in fact I think he was the most photogenic of all my ratties & it's such a beautiful pic of him, I had to share.

• Rattieroos likes this

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2043 posts
  • I own 7 rats
Ja, Chip was a hoarder rescue and my first ratty loss. He was a bit of a special case that turned out to be the sweetest fluff bug ever. Think he will always be an extra special ratty <3

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Thanks CindyR and LuvRats :Kiss:

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
20pqbkh.jpg
308wa3k.jpg
25u02sm.jpg
24zhumr.jpg
zunyma.jpg
  • EvaBlue likes this

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Sorry hope the pics aren't too big? These are all Mischief. Please can those in the know confirm whether he is in fact a Sable Siamese or sable hooded Siamese or just a hooded ratty? He's still changing, he's getting lighter around his nose and he has the brown fur at the base of his tail. He's getting older now, I can feel his spine is starting to get bony. My hubby is going to be absolutely shattered when Mischief dies. He's now our oldest boy. I think he is as I'm not sure how old our Monty, Agouti is because he was fostered. They might be around the same age.

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2043 posts
  • I own 7 rats
I think they change colour in summer. Hugo, which was a Burmese, used to go lighter in colour and in winter the brown nose came back.
Otherwise I would say he's Sable/Siamese hooded.
  • Rattieroos likes this

Mavdb

Mavdb

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2677 posts
  • I own 6 rats

GORGEOUS!  :thud: Yes he looks like a hooded sable siamese to me. Hooded refers to the pattern of colouring, so he has a hood which makes him a hooded rat (my percival has his colour all over so he is not hooded), the sable siamese is the actual colour. As far as I understand the sable is just a lot darker in colouring than the regular siamese. What I love about siamese is their ever changing colouring :) 

• Rattieroos likes this

Mom to Arthur, Snoopy and Roo. Watching over us: Asterix, Obelix, Poker, Blackjack, Hercules, Lancelot, Galahad, Percival, Merlin, Dennis and Charlie Brown.

michele

michele

Official Breeder

• Members (Advertising)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

Yes, he's a Sable Siamese Hooded. Sable Siamese are typically darker than the "normal" Siamese (imported Siamese from the US that is found worldwide). Normal Siamese also have pink or red eyes, whereas Sable Siamese has ruby eyes.

• Rattieroos likes this

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Awesome everyone thanks for that info... He has ruby eyes, they glow at night or in the dark . Really beautiful :)

DanielleD

DanielleD

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • I own 5 rats
Laughed so hard at the "lamp shade of shame" pic. So cute.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3423 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Poor boy hated it! He had just had an op though and the vet 'fashioned' one to fit. Ha ha it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users