UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  Rattieroos : (16 October 2017 - 11:28 PM) Oops wasnt finished. I will miss them like mad. :cry: :cry: :cry: This will no make my losses this year 9 :( :bigeyecry: I have 12 rescues left. My 10day old babies are turning 1 year tomorrow already. I will always have my few rats but I can't take on rescues anymore. At least for a while. Hope everyone is well.. sad to see the forum so quiet. I know I'm one of the quiet ones. @Lolly, thanks, missed you all too. I'm sure you and Winston miss her gentle nature. *hugs* *hugs*
@  Rattieroos : (16 October 2017 - 11:21 PM) Not able to be on much lately but had to tonight. I had to say goodbye to my beloved Grandpa Roo and his faithful Nibbs this evening. My heart felt like it was in pieces. Roo would have turned 3 next Tuesday. I keep expecting to see them in their cage or have them on the bed with me.
@  lollyh : (03 October 2017 - 09:07 PM) Hey Roos.yes!!. we have missed you. *hugs* thank you swty.miss her gentle nature so much. Poor Winston is also missing her too.
@  Rattieroos : (30 September 2017 - 08:31 PM) Hey all, haven't been on for ages. @ Lolly, so so sorry about Nougies :ratangel:
@  lollyh : (28 September 2017 - 09:01 PM) hehehe after all our rattie talking. :ratgiggle: .i forgot to ask you about the new posting method for here. lol
@  Caryn : (28 September 2017 - 08:52 PM) lol Was lovely to finally meet you in person after all these years :D
@  lollyh : (28 September 2017 - 03:54 PM) So today i finally got to meet my fellow noogan caryn today while up at the Spca.i was so excited to meet her.i screamed her name like a mad person. :clap: lol
@  Caryn : (27 September 2017 - 08:44 PM) Ah no :(
@  CindyR : (27 September 2017 - 12:56 PM) Aaarrrggggg! I can't seem to post any pics with this new image site. My pc refuses to work with it.
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 01:40 PM) for the most part, the NB images are done, but please drop me a PM or an email (not here in the chat) if you see any more 3rd party photobucket broken image links (excl posts made by members other than admin/Tails)
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 01:07 PM) yay banners done so far
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 12:39 PM) @lollyh, dont think he's a RN member :) and I'm so so sorry about Nougies :( :( :(
@  DiscoMoose : (19 September 2017 - 10:34 AM) i'm really sorry Lolly. She was most beautiful and special girl. I am thankful that she could go peacefully at home, with those she loves. <3 rest in peace dearest Nougies. All my love and compassion to you, Lolly <3
@  lollyh : (18 September 2017 - 09:56 PM) hi all.my very special nougies passed away this morning at 2:20am. :ratsadlook: .she reached 3 yrs & 2months.gonna miss her so much.she passed with sweet winston by her side till the end.
@  lollyh : (14 September 2017 - 05:17 PM) @tails wow sounds like the perfect guy.any jhb ladies looking for a friend?. :) is he not part of ratanoogan here?.
@  lollyh : (14 September 2017 - 05:14 PM) The maid called me urgently today as she Found nougies hanging by her neck as her head was stuck through the bars. :bigeyecry: .i was so heart sore. But nougies seems to be all ok.
@  Tails : (08 September 2017 - 01:43 PM) also, anyone in JHB want to meet a nice guy who keeps rats? he likes punk music, doesn't indulge much ( dont think at all really) in alcohol etc. He's a really nice guy, I've chatted at great length with him :)
@  Tails : (08 September 2017 - 01:42 PM) hey all, i'll fix the banners this weekend :) so they'll show properly again
@  DiscoMoose : (07 September 2017 - 07:42 AM) ag sweetie. reading that brings up all those feelings I remember having with my dearest Bolliemuis. I don't know what to tell you Lolly *hugs* You love her so much and all you want is the best for her. I believe she knows that too... no matter what you decde. She's really done well in the age department :tummykiss:
@  lollyh : (06 September 2017 - 03:09 PM) thank you moosie.it is bittersweet.her hld has gotten worse.she drags her 1 leg underneath her now. :ratsad: but she is eating-every meal she is in that bowl. (5 table spoons of oats this morning :loveyoueyes: ).was so proud of her,she doesn't like drinking but when i put water droplet in my hand,she will drinkl.pooping & weeing is normal.she takes a stroll right down our passage,around my bathroom & still climbs in & out of her bed.for a 3yr old rattie.i'm just wondering...is she doing ok or i just don't know.. am i being cruel. :unsure:

Photo

Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro 16GB LTE Smartphone Wanted to Buy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Hey, me again with my never ending bargain-hunting... but I guess it's worth a try! 

So I need a new phone, and this is the one I want: 

Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro 16GB LTE 

xaiomi_zpsd5kpsvae.jpg

On Takealot it is for sale new for R1900.00. 

This is a bit more than I want to pay... Does anybody have this phone second hand in a good condition who is willing to let it go for a couple of rands cheaper than that? 

I'm dodgy about buying from gumtree etc because there is nothing going locally and I don't want to get scammed. So I'm asking on here because we all trust each other :)

I'm so done with buying cheap entry level phones that get sluggish beyond repair after a few months and become unusable shortly after!

If I can't find one second hand I'm going to maybe bite the bullet and buy new. 

|| the Moose is real ||

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3511 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
I've never even heard of it Moose lol a bit behind eh what?
My current Ratties: Dove, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches, Plum and Duff (girls) Thunder, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo, Roxie, baby Bailey, FiFi, Bass, Bangerang, Emo, Nibbs and Roo :bigeyecry: :ratangel:

RIP my doggy loves: Andy and Toffee, loved and missed forever :cry:

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • I own 3 rats

haha --- yeah it is a Chinese brand, but one of the bigger and more trusted ones over there. However, this phone costs a lot less (even new) than one in the same class of the big, established brands we all know.

The big brands are all pretty shoddy at entry-level (read:'affordable') - so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give this one a shot. Chances are that it may disappoint, but I know for a fact that a marginally cheaper Samsung with less than half the features will also disappoint, especially longevity-wise. 

And you won't catch me taking out a cellphone contract any time soon. 

So I guess I'll take the risk lol  

• Wolfmoon likes this

|| the Moose is real ||

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1753 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Never heard of it either.hahahah.

It's up to you moose.have you looked on bid or buy? . my mom buys her goodies on their.

Sadly I don't have any second hand phones or this particularly phone for you swty.

It looks nice moose. Nice big screen.all the better to see rattie pics on it, giggle.

From personally experience I would go with a brand that is well known & parts that are easy available so I it can be repaired locally. I've had fong Wong phones before & some are really nice but don't have apps like Facebook whatsapp.even when they said it could. But anywho where ever you buy it swty.please check if it comes with a warranty. I would be so sad for you to have bought it & then it stops working & you can't exchange it. :-(.
  • DiscoMoose likes this

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Thanks Lolly  *hugs*

I've been reading all the reviews... they do sell it on Takealot and those reviews are 80% positive. They also sell at Game and Dion Wired - I checked for possible price differences, but they cost the same all over. There are only three Amazon reviews of it though and those are more concerning.... I see bidorbuy only has one more expensive option and then three of the 'note' versions of this phone, which are too big for me. It comes with 1 year warranty.

My boyfriend has a friend who has had this phone for some months and he's quite happy with it. I'm not a big app user, I don't have facebook and I don't use whatsapp anyway so if those don't run then I don't have a big problem with that. My main requirements are speed and also a camera which doesn't completely suck (like the one I have now :P)

I would have preferred a nice big brand phone  :unsure: But that aint happening. My phone right now is on its last legs, it has been dying for some months now. I've been in some situations lately where I need to make a phone call or send a message and then I can't, and then I'm stranded. Which isn't safe. So if time was on my side I'd rather have saved up for a big brand phone twice the price of this one. I've had many cheapo big brand phones... This Samsung S5301 I've had has been so sluggish and awful. Works great for a month and then all the components start to degrade and it affects the performance... I don't want to have to wait over a minute just to send a missed call if my phone has been on 'sleep'. If I could afford it, I'd rather have bought a big brand phone with the same specs as this Xaiomi. But sadly that is double the price so fong wong phone it is.

Worst-case scenario: It cost only slightly more than the cheapest phones from the big brands, and it can't be worse than those!  :crossfingers:

|| the Moose is real ||

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1753 posts
  • I own 2 rats

oh nice.well if they sell it at game & dion wired then its got a good rep. :clap: i would go buy it from game then.that way you can take it back if anything happens.

I am super glad it comes with a warranty. :yay:  :yay:  if your bfs friend has the same phone,maybe asked him for his opinion & go through it with him (if you haven't done that already. :ratgiggle: )

what about the samsung j1?. my bfs mom got 1 & it looks nice but it is app intensive though.

hahaha im not an app person either. my dad gave me his old iphone 4 & the only thing i use on it is imessenger,phone & sms.the rest im "i everything tech-lessness".i dont know how to do anything else. *blush* *blush*

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • I own 3 rats

I bought it this morning...bought from Takealot though, because of the convenience. Thankfully I've never had problems returning things to them, have done so in the past with products that were defective or did not meet the standard as expected (two plate stove with shockingly bad construction, Dell IPS monitor with dead pixels...)

Oh noooo no no that j1 looks way too much like the phone I have now, I'd rather not :P 

I like to think I'm at least moderately tech-savvy :P But a phone is a phone is a phone is a phone! (and awesome if it is a camera too lol

I will document my experiences with the Xiaomi here as I go :) 

|| the Moose is real ||

Cappucino

Cappucino

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • I own 2 rats

Never heard of it, hope it works out! The big brands are soooo expensive but I do love the camera on my Samsung galaxy, it takes amazing photos of the kids. Not the rats though, they move too quickly :ratgiggle: 

takealot is great. Bought my son a tablet this week (cheapie, he always destroys them) and got it in less then 24 hours. Love modern conveniences!

Roonel

Roonel

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • I own 3 rats
At the Apple store you can buy refurbished / second-hand iPhones that might not break the budget. Myself, I'd rather go for a well-known brand. I coughed up the $$$ for a family member to bring me an iPhone 5 from Canada more than three years back (before the rand took a nosedive). I still have it and it's great, no issues. Buy big once and keep it longer, that's my motto.

c59a089f-d9dd-4480-bd51-343f78a8e36b_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users