UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)
@  Caryn : (20 July 2017 - 09:01 AM) There are some updates. I see the forum banner isn't working either, so assume Tails hasn't received the update email. Looks like we can't use it for 3rd party IMG pic posting anymore. Not sure if existing images used on the forums will be restricted or only future posts. Will have to find another file host site :(
@  DiscoMoose : (19 July 2017 - 10:14 AM) hey Lolly, not that I know of . . .
@  lollyh : (17 July 2017 - 03:07 PM) Hey all.just received an email about photobucket & upgrading your account.anyone else receive this email?.:unsure:
@  Rattieroos : (16 July 2017 - 11:17 AM) Hey all, so we can never learn enough... I still don't know why some of my rats chew paper?? They actually eat it. Does anyone know why? :bigeyerat:
@  Rattieroos : (15 July 2017 - 07:15 PM) Thanks Caryn and Lolly, I'm assuming it's mammary, don't know for sure yet. My vet is on leave :( only back on the 24th! I'll see if we can wait but if it grows by next week I'll have to take her to the other vet.
@  lollyh : (14 July 2017 - 10:44 AM) oh no roos. :ratsad: that's awful.i am so sorry. *hugs* .7 months is young.
@  Caryn : (14 July 2017 - 07:13 AM) Ah no, that's terrible. Had one girl, Apple, who also got her first one really young. Didn't have a vet back then who could spay either. Sending :goodvibes:
@  Rattieroos : (13 July 2017 - 11:18 PM) I found a lump on Peaches late this afternoon :ratsad: I think it might be a mammary tumor based on positioning :( She's only about 7 months now. It was such a shock! :ratsad:
@  Caryn : (12 July 2017 - 01:46 PM) Sorry, Tails is the one who organises the Christmas in July. I don't get involved with that unfortunately. Hopefully she will still run it like usual this year :bigeyerat:
@  lollyh : (12 July 2017 - 12:53 PM) awww no roos & amber.i am sorry to hear this. :ratsad: but i understand *hugs* .maybe caryn or tails can do a post & see who is able to partake or not. :) my finances are also tight.
@  Amber : (12 July 2017 - 12:00 PM) I'm so sorry Lolly but I can't afford to be part of Christmas in July either :ratsad:
@  Rattieroos : (11 July 2017 - 09:40 PM) Seriously no money for Christmas in July :ratsad:
@  Rattieroos : (11 July 2017 - 09:39 PM) Thanks Loll :D
@  lollyh : (11 July 2017 - 03:09 PM) Soo its JUly fellow noogans,are we still gonna have xmas in july?. :wub: :wub:
@  lollyh : (09 July 2017 - 10:41 PM) shoo roos,that is awsome news with emo, :clap: .hope he continues that way. *hugs*
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 07:16 PM) :D
@  DiscoMoose : (09 July 2017 - 07:08 PM) That's so awesome about Emo! Well done Emo!! You go boy!
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 12:47 PM) Correction ~ his IS a black Berkie. Not was :ratno: He's just so rusted now that he's not so black anymore.
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 12:44 PM) Had my mischief of 5 boys running around on the bed with me just now.. still too sore to do much... anyway... I was just thinking and wanted to share...... My grandpa Emo is almost 2 yrs and 4months and he's never needed a vet!!!!! That is soooo awesome, he was a black Berkie from a home litter and we never even knew who his father was. :yogiedance: :tummykiss: :Kiss: my precious children. Love them all sooooo much. Just thought I'd share :D :P
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 12:43 AM) Thanks Moose, I just looked now and her neck ones have completely cleared and the hair has grown back. :yay: and that was without using the regal. She still has a few smaller ones that she scratches open but I left her for a few days in the bigger cage to settle with Duff and was so chuffed when I saw her neck now :D

Photo

Hello :)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Hi.

I have been visiting this website every now and then for ages trying to decide if I should adopt little ratties. I now have two little furry friends, both girls. Many years ago two boys were part of my family. In December a friend's rat had babies as they had a boy and girl unknowingly and, of course, baby rats! So now a mama (Mama aka Attack Rat) and her daughter (Nibbler aka Nibblet aka Nibblestein) bring smiles to my home.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all here on the interwebs.

K bye
  • Mavdb and Amber like this

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10911 posts
  • I own 4 rats

Welcome to the forums   :D  Hope to hear more about you and your girls in future! :clap:   And always nice to spot another KZN Ratanooga too :)

If you've been visiting awhile you've probably already seen all of this, but anyway...

Please check out the forum rules (we only have a few) or the The How-To's here if you need any help   :)

And if you haven't already seen it, there is a free Rat Care Guide available for download here:

http://www.ratanooga...atCareGuide.pdf

PS: Deleted your duplicate post.  Apologies for that! Forums have had an issue awhile, it gives an error when you try post and it actually goes through.  So just refresh the page and it'll be there! lol

RN%20Sig%202016-17.jpg

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Hi Caryn. Thanks so much. Yay KZN! Yes, I have read all the rules and stuff. Busy going through the rest of this wealth of information now :)
  • Caryn likes this

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10911 posts
  • I own 4 rats

Busy going through the rest of this wealth of information now :)

The joy of rat ownership... we never stop learning :P

RN%20Sig%202016-17.jpg

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Hi Amy...

congRATS on your new ratties and welcome to the forum

moose_sig_1_zpsczsokonu.gif

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Hi. Thanks for the friendly welcome :)
  • DiscoMoose likes this

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2072 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Hello and welcome!

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1746 posts
  • I own 5 rats

ha yes!!!! kzn!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:  sorry we are alittle outnumber here. lol lol

Hi amy.welcome to the forum where the "rat CrAZY people hang out". ;) .nice to meet you & your furbabies.hope you have a great time here.

ps: if you are here pinetown area & need rat sitting maybe one day.i do it. :D

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Hello hello. Thanks for the heads up Lolly :)

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Love your avatar Amy. So cute :D 

Mavdb

Mavdb

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2686 posts
  • I own 6 rats

Welcome! Enjoy your girls, would love to see pics sometime :yogiedance:

Mom to Arthur, Snoopy and Roo. Watching over us: Asterix, Obelix, Poker, Blackjack, Hercules, Lancelot, Galahad, Percival, Merlin, Dennis and Charlie Brown.

Amber

Amber

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  • I own 8 rats

Hi and welcome!  :wave:

My Fur Kids: Angel, Raven, Mira, Belle, Selene, Clover, Raichu, Tsarevich, Phelene

My Loves in Heaven: Sammy, Erza , Rose, Vanessa, Katarina   :ratangel:

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Thanks Disco:) I love your T Rex too.

Hello Mav and Amber :)

I will post pics soon.
  • DiscoMoose likes this

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • I own 3 rats

hehe thanks :D it is the dinosaur that shows up when the google chrome browser is unable to load the page lol - i just redrew him on a pink bakcground  :ratyes:

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Rad.

XannaBanana

XannaBanana

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • I own 2 rats

Hi!

WELCOME to the forum. I know that you will find oodles of info and good advice here. Wishing you luck with your rat pack!

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats

Hi :)  

Brigitte

Brigitte

Baby Rat

• Members