UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)
@  Caryn : (20 July 2017 - 09:01 AM) There are some updates. I see the forum banner isn't working either, so assume Tails hasn't received the update email. Looks like we can't use it for 3rd party IMG pic posting anymore. Not sure if existing images used on the forums will be restricted or only future posts. Will have to find another file host site :(
@  DiscoMoose : (19 July 2017 - 10:14 AM) hey Lolly, not that I know of . . .
@  lollyh : (17 July 2017 - 03:07 PM) Hey all.just received an email about photobucket & upgrading your account.anyone else receive this email?.:unsure:
@  Rattieroos : (16 July 2017 - 11:17 AM) Hey all, so we can never learn enough... I still don't know why some of my rats chew paper?? They actually eat it. Does anyone know why? :bigeyerat:
@  Rattieroos : (15 July 2017 - 07:15 PM) Thanks Caryn and Lolly, I'm assuming it's mammary, don't know for sure yet. My vet is on leave :( only back on the 24th! I'll see if we can wait but if it grows by next week I'll have to take her to the other vet.
@  lollyh : (14 July 2017 - 10:44 AM) oh no roos. :ratsad: that's awful.i am so sorry. *hugs* .7 months is young.
@  Caryn : (14 July 2017 - 07:13 AM) Ah no, that's terrible. Had one girl, Apple, who also got her first one really young. Didn't have a vet back then who could spay either. Sending :goodvibes:
@  Rattieroos : (13 July 2017 - 11:18 PM) I found a lump on Peaches late this afternoon :ratsad: I think it might be a mammary tumor based on positioning :( She's only about 7 months now. It was such a shock! :ratsad:
@  Caryn : (12 July 2017 - 01:46 PM) Sorry, Tails is the one who organises the Christmas in July. I don't get involved with that unfortunately. Hopefully she will still run it like usual this year :bigeyerat:
@  lollyh : (12 July 2017 - 12:53 PM) awww no roos & amber.i am sorry to hear this. :ratsad: but i understand *hugs* .maybe caryn or tails can do a post & see who is able to partake or not. :) my finances are also tight.
@  Amber : (12 July 2017 - 12:00 PM) I'm so sorry Lolly but I can't afford to be part of Christmas in July either :ratsad:
@  Rattieroos : (11 July 2017 - 09:40 PM) Seriously no money for Christmas in July :ratsad:
@  Rattieroos : (11 July 2017 - 09:39 PM) Thanks Loll :D
@  lollyh : (11 July 2017 - 03:09 PM) Soo its JUly fellow noogans,are we still gonna have xmas in july?. :wub: :wub:
@  lollyh : (09 July 2017 - 10:41 PM) shoo roos,that is awsome news with emo, :clap: .hope he continues that way. *hugs*
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 07:16 PM) :D
@  DiscoMoose : (09 July 2017 - 07:08 PM) That's so awesome about Emo! Well done Emo!! You go boy!
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 12:47 PM) Correction ~ his IS a black Berkie. Not was :ratno: He's just so rusted now that he's not so black anymore.
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 12:44 PM) Had my mischief of 5 boys running around on the bed with me just now.. still too sore to do much... anyway... I was just thinking and wanted to share...... My grandpa Emo is almost 2 yrs and 4months and he's never needed a vet!!!!! That is soooo awesome, he was a black Berkie from a home litter and we never even knew who his father was. :yogiedance: :tummykiss: :Kiss: my precious children. Love them all sooooo much. Just thought I'd share :D :P
@  Rattieroos : (09 July 2017 - 12:43 AM) Thanks Moose, I just looked now and her neck ones have completely cleared and the hair has grown back. :yay: and that was without using the regal. She still has a few smaller ones that she scratches open but I left her for a few days in the bigger cage to settle with Duff and was so chuffed when I saw her neck now :D

Photo

Long awaited pics ( excuse quality or messy house :p )

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3487 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
First up is Thunder in his favorite sleeping cube

3E11E601-6C69-42DC-A373-FE9192152323_zps

Little Dove ( cage hadn't been cleaned yet )

876E836A-1C7C-4FB6-BC93-3850E8128B5F_zps

Dove on Jamie's bed

F0929201-C093-485B-B958-204EA4325C56_zps

Grandpa Roo after a little op, bugger took his stitches out first night. This was the bandage I put on

BCD96A0F-C169-491D-9BA4-BD677F7D4306_zps

Rosy in the teddies ( the rescue mom who had the 6 babies )

DACD54E5-8255-4AB1-9EE7-DA8452E6F357_zps

Peaches ( one of her babies ) also in the teddies

DE586B61-4DC9-4F1E-91AA-D1B382BCFAD5_zps

Ivy ( another of her babies ) on Jamie's shoulder

FCD2D1C9-F3DD-49F3-A63F-FDEF5E76337F_zps

Our new little baby, Duff, with Plum ( Plum is one of the rescue babies as well but her mom and sisters just attacked ) they're in the travel cage getting to know each other while i was making their cage up.

57B4CD9E-93A8-4D10-AAC2-FCE696A9D83C_zps

First dinner together

F2AC5534-A2D9-44D2-A03F-0D297A5E49E2_zps

Synchronized washing

231EF4AB-E327-4614-AAF3-478F176B7BF9_zps

2nd meal in their cage

9EC1B8A0-77C0-44E4-B0AB-BA129C4F7E36_zps

Rodger and Dodger ( two of the other babies, more than double in size to mom )
102B554C-D148-4E3D-9B86-748BB2A469D8_zps

Jamie with Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy and Peaches ( so small compared to the boys )

866FA3EA-BF28-4C6A-93F4-E1A2BFDDB16D_zps

Me with all of them as well

5C5C7F52-BFA7-4CF1-8C1D-D0A949ECBC13_zps

Wallee my Wallee ( his head isn't so tilted anymore and he's grown soooo much ) I was saying kissy mommy

B14D0026-8D83-4106-B7E5-192D93AA6701_zps

...and he did

17404E8F-93F5-4F13-807D-52A5950BA239_zps

Beautiful boy

1C7ADE9B-6B0D-4C0A-B943-06607FA17248_zps

My gorgeous Thunder again ( 2 yrs and 1 month now )

F432EEBF-9E94-4B24-B667-468B63A31033_zps

Grandpa Roo ( not bad for his age 2 yrs and 8 mnths )

6A4810F6-80A6-4A25-8DC6-5BCD5AE7D47C_zps

Roo and Nibbs ( no the pringles weren't for them :P )

4D141318-BA1C-4A89-997A-1147C350B7FE_zps

Follow the leader, Nibbs in front

82AFB49F-B76A-45D7-A4DE-A760874FBF78_zps

Roo really wanting to get in there

0DB026F3-907E-40EB-ACC3-298D1A8B5541_zps

Little Duff all settled in and sleeping over Plum

4F5CDBDE-4687-476A-B876-D054CB01716A_zps

Mansion all cleaned

FDC08CB6-BB46-42B5-9F49-E09EFB77F360_zps

My boys eagerly awaiting dinner, they do this every evening

C88ABC50-E0DB-489B-8EA6-15579951B47E_zps

Lastly my other grandpa, Emo, now 2 yrs and 3 months

41B7B19C-9FCC-4D44-843E-43B8A5727B15_zps

Ok that's all of my furry babies. Sorry so long but I don't manage to post often :)
  • DiscoMoose and Amber like this
My current Ratties: Dove, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches, Plum and Duff (girls) Thunder, Nibbs, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Emo, Roo, Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo, Roxie, baby Bailey, FiFi, Bass and Bangerang :bigeyecry: :ratangel:

RIP my doggy loves: Andy and Toffee, loved and missed forever :cry:

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10911 posts
  • I own 4 rats

Gorgeous ratlets and lovely pics :D 

• Rattieroos likes this

RN%20Sig%202016-17.jpg

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1746 posts
  • I own 5 rats

oh roos,it is soo good to see all your babies. :clap:

such cuties all of them. :ggmr:

cant believe wallee!!! wow!! how far he has come & grown up!!! into such a handsome boy. :loveyoueyes: :loveyoueyes:

little duff.those ears!! squeee!!!! :thud: :thud:

• Rattieroos likes this

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Ah such awesome pics yay!  :yogiedance:

Grandpa Roo is just gorgeous. Seeing that old rat posture is so bittersweet for me now and makes me miss my Bolliemuis, who was the first of my rats to ever get old... All my love and respect to grandpa Roo. And also to grandpa Emo, who is just as gorgeous in that last pic.

Thunder is also gorgeous, he's had a special place in my heart from the start. And Wallee is so beautiful. He is a very special boy too isn't he. I just love his colouring. 

I love the pics of Roo and Nibbs trying to get at the Pringles.

Duff looks like a dumbo version of Tobi  :ratgiggle:

Rodger and Dodger are so cute together.  :thud:

Love the picture of Jamie with all the girls and yes - I'm always amazed when I see how much smaller girl ratties are than boy ratties!

Thanks for the lovely pics  :ratcookie:

• Rattieroos likes this

moose_sig_1_zpsczsokonu.gif

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3487 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Love my grandpas... sad because you get reminded though, I'm used to the look when they start aging. A lot of the children I've taken in over the last few years were older already but amazing how close you can get in that short time. I don't think it matters how long we have them, we always form a bond.

Well I love all my babies, not just the grandpas :duh: Wallee, Rodger and Dodger are crazy... big or not, they go charging up and down the cage. I have two XL cages joined sideways and put the basket in the top in line with two levels joined so they have lots of room to run both top and bottom. Wallee is mad though sometimes when he's playing he lifts the whole bottom ladder (which is also joined to make it wider) and goes under it. He and Emo go for a walk about on the floor and since the first time putting Wallee down he just comes when I call. Such a good boy.

Thunder (because since his wife, Hayley, went to the bridge) he has not accepted any other rat... and boy I have tried. He is now what I call my free range rat. 90% of the time his door is open and the ladder in place and he has a bed under our bed and we leave the cupboard open because he likes lying in there too. He even dedicated one of JP's shoes as his toilet. lol He's on heart meds :ratsad: but still doing well.

Dove is another girl on her own, since Roxie and her sister FiFi, she also has been dead set against getting any cage mates... I've tried so many different methods with the girls to see if I can get them all together but no going.. She's happy though, no sign of depression whatsoever, she's healthy, chubby in fact, waits by the door for breakfast and dinner, carries up every last piece of shredded paper to make her nests in her double bunk and still even covers her dry food dish lol like someone is going to just appear and eat it. She gets lots of love everytime we walk past the cage and happily sits on our shoulders to go for walk about.

Nibbs and Roo just love my bed, both are good on the floor but Nibbs likes crawling under dad's pillow and he'll sleep there for hours.

The girls in the mansion, I can't believe I have that huge cage for just 4 girls now. Had 6, but anyway.. they utilize the entire cage, charging up and down and playing rough and tumble on the bottom. They're very good on the couch or anywhere for that matter. When Rosy and Marybelle, the two moms, where still so scared ( it took a while but now they come running up my arm etc ) i digress... i do that often, anyway when they first went walking on the floor and were still afraid of being picked up, I have a pooh bear tent ( from Mary-Anne for Christmas in July) and I'd put the tent down and tell them to climb in the tent to go back to the cage, and they did right from the start.

Oh and little Duff, even though I was not getting anymore, i had to do something for Plum, I'm still not sure why her family turned on her so but when I put her in a different cage ( first tried with Thunder, then Dove ) she licked me like she knew I saved her. They bit her on her head, neck, well all over really. Her and Duff are doing well together and yes Moose :) like a little Tobi with beeeg ears. I'm so happy to have a PEW again. Love my little cream hooded girls too. Wallee is a fawn hooded, Angeleen from Wheatfields said he is the most amazing fawn she's seen, especially from a rescue litter. I got to know Angeleen via email after accepting the 5 big breeder boys. We're still in touch. Only Roo left from that little mischief.. they were all such incredibly awesome boys :ratyes:

Ok talking too much again....
My current Ratties: Dove, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches, Plum and Duff (girls) Thunder, Nibbs, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Emo, Roo, Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo, Roxie, baby Bailey, FiFi, Bass and Bangerang :bigeyecry: :ratangel:

RIP my doggy loves: Andy and Toffee, loved and missed forever :cry:

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Oh lovely to see pics! All such gorgeous ratties that look happy and full of love.
  • Rattieroos likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users