UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  CindyR : (09 November 2017 - 08:51 AM)

I'm in too!

@  lollyh : (07 November 2017 - 12:23 PM)

ha!! i am in.woohooo. :clap: :thanx: :happydance: :yay: :ratlol:

@  lollyh : (30 October 2017 - 08:59 AM)

Rip my sweet Winston. :bigeyecry: I am gonna miss you sweet boy.you are with nougies in heaven.

@  lollyh : (24 October 2017 - 11:21 PM)

Yes I am Roos but I know their is a problem with the forums.it was put on Facebook..apparenting it was hacked & we waiting for tails to fix.on my pc it won't let me in.says decriptive website in big red writing.i am only getting in on my ipad. :ratsad:

@  Rattieroos : (23 October 2017 - 07:43 PM)

Hello..anyone still on here.?

@  lollyh : (23 October 2017 - 09:29 AM)

Hey everyone.is the forums back up & running?.

@  Rattieroos : (16 October 2017 - 11:28 PM) Oops wasnt finished. I will miss them like mad. :cry: :cry: :cry: This will no make my losses this year 9 :( :bigeyecry: I have 12 rescues left. My 10day old babies are turning 1 year tomorrow already. I will always have my few rats but I can't take on rescues anymore. At least for a while. Hope everyone is well.. sad to see the forum so quiet. I know I'm one of the quiet ones. @Lolly, thanks, missed you all too. I'm sure you and Winston miss her gentle nature. *hugs* *hugs*
@  Rattieroos : (16 October 2017 - 11:21 PM) Not able to be on much lately but had to tonight. I had to say goodbye to my beloved Grandpa Roo and his faithful Nibbs this evening. My heart felt like it was in pieces. Roo would have turned 3 next Tuesday. I keep expecting to see them in their cage or have them on the bed with me.
@  lollyh : (03 October 2017 - 09:07 PM) Hey Roos.yes!!. we have missed you. *hugs* thank you swty.miss her gentle nature so much. Poor Winston is also missing her too.
@  Rattieroos : (30 September 2017 - 08:31 PM) Hey all, haven't been on for ages. @ Lolly, so so sorry about Nougies :ratangel:
@  lollyh : (28 September 2017 - 09:01 PM) hehehe after all our rattie talking. :ratgiggle: .i forgot to ask you about the new posting method for here. lol
@  Caryn : (28 September 2017 - 08:52 PM) lol Was lovely to finally meet you in person after all these years :D
@  lollyh : (28 September 2017 - 03:54 PM) So today i finally got to meet my fellow noogan caryn today while up at the Spca.i was so excited to meet her.i screamed her name like a mad person. :clap: lol
@  Caryn : (27 September 2017 - 08:44 PM) Ah no :(
@  CindyR : (27 September 2017 - 12:56 PM) Aaarrrggggg! I can't seem to post any pics with this new image site. My pc refuses to work with it.
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 01:40 PM) for the most part, the NB images are done, but please drop me a PM or an email (not here in the chat) if you see any more 3rd party photobucket broken image links (excl posts made by members other than admin/Tails)
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 01:07 PM) yay banners done so far
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 12:39 PM) @lollyh, dont think he's a RN member :) and I'm so so sorry about Nougies :( :( :(
@  DiscoMoose : (19 September 2017 - 10:34 AM) i'm really sorry Lolly. She was most beautiful and special girl. I am thankful that she could go peacefully at home, with those she loves. <3 rest in peace dearest Nougies. All my love and compassion to you, Lolly <3
@  lollyh : (18 September 2017 - 09:56 PM) hi all.my very special nougies passed away this morning at 2:20am. :ratsadlook: .she reached 3 yrs & 2months.gonna miss her so much.she passed with sweet winston by her side till the end.

Photo

Rascal,nougies & winston.my little trio.:-)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1753 posts
  • I own 2 rats

Hey all. so here is an update on me babies. as you know nougies isn't doing to well with her back legs & lumps so i wanted to show you my babies new adjusted home.more adjustments have taken place since these pics though which i will tell you about in the pics.. & their new bedding i made.A huge thank you to tails for my babies mickey/minnie fabric from their xmas in july pressie from last year.they love it.so thank you so much tails. *hugs* *hugs*

with some of the pics you will see nougies tumors :ratsadlook: .so i hope no one minds seeing them.

so without further a due here is the pics. :ratgiggle:

Their new Bedding.

IMG_3378_zpsasmcktit.jpg

Their cage with new layout.

IMG_3379_zpsxebtaii4.jpg

so i bought nougies a new basket so she could get in & out more easily but sadly since this pic.i move the new basket to under the level & placed the hammock from the second layer to the bottom layer where the basket was.nougies kept trying to climb up to get to the hammocks.she now sleeps in the hammock with winston at the bottom & she just eats in the blue basket. :rolleyes: rascal sleeps upstairs in her hammock in piece & quite all by herself.that is were she wants to be. lol 

Rascal in her hammock,admiring herself in the mirror. lol  she is such a funny rattie.loves the mirror.such a girl rat.

IMG_3387_zpswej6dajx.jpg

winston exploring the new basket & new bedding.

IMG_3384_zpsp29kizr1.jpg

Nougies & winston in their.

IMG_3383_zpsavvvrq89.jpg

winston & nougies in the basket after i moved it to under the level.

IMG_3392_zpsyiqieg80.jpg

Rascal at the bottom of the cage wanting to go walk about the bathroom.

IMG_3313_zps0zakemv8.jpg

this was the old basket with a cuddle cup in it.nougies kept having to jump/hop & drag her back legs to get in their so that's why i bought the new one. although i feel bad as her & winston loved this basket.

IMG_3309_zpsbpwfkzqt.jpg

with nougies being so old & so on.i have been spending as much quality mom & nougies time as i can with her.her she is asleep on me in me bed.

IMG_3399_zpsxiaa12vi.jpg

sleeping on me shoulder.

IMG_3369_zpsrtv4rbo9.jpg

all wrapped up in my blankie the other cold night.

IMG_3321_zpsjub5c6vd.jpg

& the night before.still digging in their sand box although she is deteriorating ,she still wants to walk around the bathroom exploring.so dr tina suggested pain meds for now & let nougies be herself having 10mins slow exercise or for as much as nougies can take a day until dr tina gets back from her 2 weeks leave.

IMG_3381_zpsfjhpxqgn.jpg

anywho thank you all for seeing my babies. *hugs* *hugs*

• Caryn, alpharat, Rattieroos and 2 others like this

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3511 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Aww sleeping on you in bed is so precious. Im sure they miss their round basket, they look way cozy in there.

Just a question Loll, does Nougat manage to get to the water at the top? Or have you got one lower down that I didnt see? If not maybe a good idea also to put another one at the bottom and food so she doesn't have to climb when she's battling. I only mention as I remember you asking for ideas. When my babies lose or start to lose hind end function I normally make sure there is extra food and water low down just in case.

If you have then forgive me for putting my 2 cents worth in :P

P.S. good to see your face after all this time. Now i know what you look like :)
  • Amber likes this
My current Ratties: Dove, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches, Plum and Duff (girls) Thunder, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo, Roxie, baby Bailey, FiFi, Bass, Bangerang, Emo, Nibbs and Roo :bigeyecry: :ratangel:

RIP my doggy loves: Andy and Toffee, loved and missed forever :cry:

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1753 posts
  • I own 2 rats

it is hey.she has never done that until 2 weeks ago.all she wants is to be near me,she sits & half goes through the bars for a stroke if i walk pass the cage & it is as if she just melts in my hands when i do stroke her.which makes me feel so guilty sometimes especially at like 2 am when i wanna get into bed.

i know right.they love that bed. :bigeyecry:  but i am so scared one day she will really hurt herself or get her foot caught so i am thinking of making a square cuddle cup & wrap it over the new basket so its like the old one.what you think?

no worries i like your 2cents. 2c ;) .i need all the advice at the mo so thank you for it.. i was just thinking the same thing today she hardly ever goes up stairs but last night i found her at the top & thought if she is going for the water..... although honestly i don't think shes drinking from their for a while now,  they all don't really like that water bottle so i am trying to buy a new one but every single pet shop here in pinetown only sells that silly bottle.its awful,i cant even get water out of it unless i push the ball in hard or squeeze the bottle which i do.  i shouldn't have got them that new one in the first place but i thought i was helping them with a new one & maybe cause its new & all that ,thats why it doesn't leak like their old one but ya.giggle. *blush* :duh: .any who i do make their porridge very watery & was thinking of putting a second bowl of water in for them at the bottom until i can find a decent bottle.their food bowl i put at the bottom so nougies now eats in bed. lol .  so thank you roos,if you have thought of it,then i must do it. *hugs*

laugh out loud. lol lol & with no make up & all that jazz at 1am in the morning. *blush* *blush* :ratlol: .. i have a few pics that i have been tagged in on facebook recently if you wanna see me . :) 

• Amber likes this

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3511 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
I like that pic... i seldom get to wear make up now and you don't need it. I have been on FB for an absolute age and the thing is if i start again then when jamie is home and school etc then i just cant manage again. Sorry my keyboard still isnt doing the punctuation thing... too tired now to care to do it all myself. You can read it. lol

I can post you a spare bottle or two, i have so many from all the rescues :) really wont be an issue. Unless you want to wait. On all my big cages i always put two anyway just in case one empties and i havent noticed or one gets stuck. I can always hear in the middle of the night when theyre drinking and the bottle is empty...

Yes i think the square bed to fit the basket is a cut idea like the other one.. but only if you have time and you want to. Shame her tumors dont look lekker, but if she's still digging in the sand box then she's still having a bit of fun and they dont hinder her walking etc. see what Dr Tina says when she's back. Just give her tons of love and cuddly moments when you can, i know when my children get much closer to the bridge they seem to seek us out more. Hope that doesnt make you too sad :ratsad: I'm sorry, but it is true in almost all my ratties. We must never underestimate our position in their lives. They show it in the end, all the love and appreciation and so along with the sadness there is also all that love and goodness too..

About the pics, see if you can save them and message them to me instead. I just dont know if or when I'll get back onto FB. Nice to see your babies too. Their don't seem to be many left on the forums hey? Sad :(
My current Ratties: Dove, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches, Plum and Duff (girls) Thunder, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo, Roxie, baby Bailey, FiFi, Bass, Bangerang, Emo, Nibbs and Roo :bigeyecry: :ratangel:

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1753 posts
  • I own 2 rats

awww roos.thank you so much for saying i don't need it.i hardly wear makeup really.except special occasions.i have such sensitive skin that it reacts so badly to makeup.like last week i tired the Revlon age something or rather foundation & where i had it on my cheek,it went all red,flared up,infected & the skin around the sore peeled away.so i have an indent small hole their now.it is as if it burnt my face. :bigeyerat: . cant believe it and i have used Revlon before,just not that certain age one.was darn sore too & i only had it on my face for 15min drive home then washed it off cause my face was tingle. haha no worries.i understand.if you like me,you kinda get stuck on facebook & then time just goes by & then you haven't done something,then oh shoot,where did the time go.rush away.

Thank you so much for the offer swty.i may have to take you up on it,although i did move the bottle to the bottom last night & nougies did have a drink from it like a good rattie so just gonna watch if the water level goes down over the next few days.

Ok great.i will have to do that then for them. :D i will make time this weekend.  I know hey. :bigeyecry:.they don't look nice.my mom turned round to me a week back & said why don't you pts,she cant bare to see them.i just got so angry cause i was so hurt.she out of all people knows how i'm doing everything for nougies & how i feel about pts.but sigh..i do see her point so she is forgiven already but i'm still hurt.. 

yeah dr tina said she would still like to go for an op option,even to remove at least 2 of them but i really don't think nougies is up for such a big op.she has also lost some weight & is at 330grams but we will see once dr tina sees her.i did send her an article about tamoxifen that can shrink tumors in some cases so we will see when she gets back.

she loves that dig box,i did have succulents in their but they were long since dug up & rascal carried them away.they didn't survive after that even when i replanted them else were. :ratgiggle: :ratgiggle: .I gave in tonight & put in their green basket on the second level.wrapped the cuddle cup way over the sides so no feeties can get stuck..sadly rascal is not happy with winston sleeping by her & she has taken to beating him up again which stresses out nougies,rascal now with prophryn eye & poor winston.so winston is sleeping in their straightway &  2 mins later nougies was in their too... although now nougies is sleeping back in hammock. :rolleyes:

Yes i have noticed that.wow i am so glad i am not the only one who's ratties do that too. :ggmr: .no i am not sad at all.i am actually quite relieved that you have had experience with oldies seeking out their humans too.when i explain this to people,they think i'm mad & just giving human emotions for when a rat passes.

I will do that swty.no probs.i will imessage them to you. :)

• Rattieroos likes this

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

is moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1518 posts
  • I own 3 rats

I love the piccies Lolly! Nougies is such a beautiful lady. So glad that you are getting to spend some quality time together. So precious :wub:

I love Winston and Rascal too.They are so cute! lol Rascal with the mirror, that is a classic pic :ratlol:

• lollyh and Rattieroos like this

|| the Moose is real ||

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3511 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
Shame Loll, what a reaction to have had on your skin. And on your face too!! Yip the fb is a death trap... some people just get hooked. I dont have an addictive personality but once I go on fb I have to check everything to make sure I've not missed anything before I even get to do what I want. I only have rattie people and my Fibro support group as it is, i decided when i went back on NO FAMILY. Too many things get twisted and people get hurt.. I actually don't like the social media thing. This forum is good, it's small and personal and about our one common love :ratlol: I basically feel that social networks are a trap in a sense... to keep people too busy to see what's going on around them.

I'm sure you were and are hurt by what your mom said... I've had people say "oh it's only a rat, just put it down" :grr: :ratjustice: she weighs quite a little to have them removed unless dr Tina can just possibly do like superficial ones ( as in not too invasive ) but like I said if she's still eating, getting around and happily digging in the box then why? Just love her and you'll see when it starts to get the better of her, as long as she's not in pain. :Kiss: :tummykiss: *hugs*
Meant to add i Love that pic of Rascal at the bottom of the cage wanting to go walk about :D
  • lollyh likes this

Amy

Amy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Such lovely pics! Thanks for sharing. Aaah poor Nougies. Those tumors :(
My babies sometimes come and sit on me for a bit of loves and nap near me on the couch but sleeping on me. So nice to get those cuddles and love from you rattie. Rascal must be loving the new alone time! Cheeky rat. Aah Winston is such a sweetie.
  • lollyh likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users